Tuesday, September 2, 2008

End of Summer

As the little bit of warm weather we get here in Chicago is going to wind down pretty fast thoughts of what I want to knit to keep me warm this winter are swirling around in my head. I have missed my daily knitting over the summer. I still knit but not as feverishly as I do when it's cold. I haven't touched my knitting machines at all in the past few months and I look forward to continuing to learn how to use them. I think leg warmers will be my first order of business, I am a child of the eighties after all.
I have a lot of quilt work on my plate right now as well that I can't wait to finish so I can relax and make something for myself. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed as of late because I have had so much to do. In addition to just taking care of the homestead I have remodeled my sewing room, done a lot of work to get ready for my website re-launch, written content for the re-launch of my quilting podcasts, and started writing a guide for people whom are organizing group quilt projects. It has been difficult organizing my thoughts and taking my business more seriously as I get more work. I have never been good at the business end of things but have discovered that I have to get good at it and it has been a long road full of resistance to specifics and planning. I'm an artist and I just like to "do" but if I want to continue on and be successful I have to make plans and carry them out.
I don't even know why I just rattled all that stuff out, I guess it's been heavy on my mind.

No comments: