Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Shawl-o-rama

I've finally gotten back to my knitting. Life throws you curve balls sometimes and you just have to go with the flow. Things are a little more calm now and I'm back to knitting with great fervor and shawl love. My knitting machines are still in storage and I miss them terribly but their time will come again. Probably in the fall.

I've made four shawls in the past month or so and I am in full on addict mode. I'm waiting for some Kauni to come in the mail that I am really excited about.

Anyway, show and tell time.



And last but not least my charcoal Lazy Katy shawl

I love the shape and construction of this shawl. A lot of people seemed to be having trouble with the crochet bind off so I did a quick tutorial to show how I did mine and I hope it helps because it is such a pretty shawl I would hate to see people being put off by the slightly confusing charts.


I'm sure I'll have more to share soon. Happy knitting everyone.


6 comments:

catie said...

Stunning. I'm only doing brainless knitting right now, but those shawls are truly inspirational

DEEZKNITZ said...

Beautiful work! I mean those stitches are PERFECT! That last blocked one has a very cool & unique shape...

I feel you on those curve balls life throws. Usually I like to cope with the stresses of my life by knitting them away. When I can't even knit it is a horrible thing!

Laura said...

Thank you for this demonstration. Very well done and explained.

SissySees said...

Thanks so much for making that video!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the video. This shawl has been a challenge for me. I hope to finish it this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your crochet cast off video. I have just started this lazy katy scarf, read the comments and still wasn't all that clear. Your video was wonderfully clear. I've book marked it, too. Best of wishes!

Corky on Ravelry