Thursday, January 10, 2008

100 Row Shrug

I just love it when a plan comes together. Yesterday I knit 4 shrugs on my Bond USM knitting machine. I fell in love with a shrug I saw on Ravelry and the construction was so simple I figured I could make a plain version fairly easily. It took three tries to get it just the way I liked it but they are all wearable. I'm going to call it the 100 row shrug.

The first one I made was this one:

It's a bit snug but very wearable. I used Wool Ease in avocado.

The second one isn't technically a 100 row shrug because it is actually 110 rows which caused the ribbing to roll and create a tiny shawl collar.

This one is also made up in Wool Ease, in paprika. I'm going to give it to a friend as a gift because I made her some fingerless mitts already in the same yarn.

The third one was the charm. I like the way it fits. It is just right, baby bear style. I added a few stitches in width in order to get the "sleeves" to cover my shoulders more.

Yet another Wool Ease creation but made in oxford grey. I made the matching gauntlets a few weeks ago. They are an elongated and adjusted version of these. I made one more shrug in black too but my photographer went to bed on me. Making these shrugs was a nice distraction from my frustration with the postal service and my excitement as I wait for my new toys to get here.

1 comment:

Ingrid Ze Insightful said...

Those are fabulous! Thanks for sharing multiple angles on the pictures, I really like seeing how the front -and- the back will turn out on something!