Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dyeing yarn with Kool aid

Okay, it's not Kool aid it's Wyler's but it's the same concept. I was intrigued when I saw the instructions for dyeing yarn with Kool aid on the knitpicks site so I decided to give it a whirl. It was fun, easy, and not too messy. I dye my own fabric for quilting so I know what a hassle chemical dyes can be. I used Sensations Kashmira 100% wool from JoAnn fabrics and it worked just great. As long and you use drink mixes with no sugar added you won't have any residue or extra scent when you are done. I however will never drink Kool aid/Wyler's again because anything that can permanently dye yarn this easily certainly shouldn't be going in my body!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love how your kool-aid yarn turned out. I have had the opportunity to do some dyeing myself, and it's so fun! I have decided against drinking kool-aid ever again though...good idea! :)

cherylsterling said...

Thanks. Kool Aid dyeing is fun and fast I will definitely be doing it again soon.